Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon
- Posted on: Feb 28 2019
Do you want plastic surgery this year? Finding the right surgeon is the first step. A plastic surgeon that you can trust will help you find the right procedure for you and will help you understand all of the procedure. If you want the best results, you’ll want right the right surgeon. Keep reading for some of the best questions to ask your plastic surgeon, before you even choose your surgery.
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Are you a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- How many surgeries of this type have you performed?
- Am I a good candidate for this surgery?
- Where and how will you perform my surgery? Is this different from other surgeons?
- How long of a recovery period should I expect?
- What kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- What are my options if I am not happy with the outcome of my surgery?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for each procedure so I know what to expect?
- What do you predict my results will be like?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
Asking the right questions can help you find the right plastic surgeon, which is the most important thing to consider when looking into plastic surgery. Having a good track record and great results from past patients will help you know you’re in good hands. If you aren’t sure, don’t rush it. You should feel confident in your plastic surgeon and the procedure you’ve agreed on. If you know what to expect, you’ll feel more in control and more reasonable about how your results will look. If you’re ready to learn more, give us a call at (650) 321-2629 to schedule a consultation today.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery