Male Breast Reduction: Are You a Candidate?
- Posted on: May 15 2017
Are you a male with excessive breast tissue? If so, you’re likely embarrassed by your chest. This can make general activities like swimming and play sports unbearable. While enlarged male breasts aren’t life-threatening, the physical and psychological effects are very real. This condition is called gynecomastia. But take heart: there is an effective way to eliminate excess breast tissue for a firmer, more masculine-looking chest – male breast reduction surgery.
You may benefit from a male breast reduction procedure if you answer yes to any of the following statements:
- My chest bothers me enough that I think I could benefit from surgery
- I’m reluctant to show by chest in social situations like the pool or gym
- Others have made comments about my chest that makes me feel self-conscious
- My chest causes me to feel guilty or depressed
- I don’t feel confident in social setting because of my chest
- I take measures to hide by chest by wearing special undergarments or loose clothing
- I believe breast reduction surgery can improve my well-being psychologically, physically, and socially
To see if you qualify for gynecomastia surgery, talk to your doctor to determine that you are:
- Not on medications are known to cause enlarged breasts
- Out of puberty (some enlarged breasts reduce on their own after this time)
- At a healthy body weight
- In good physical and mental condition
- In physical discomfort because of your enlarged breasts
- Someone whose been living with this condition for at least a year
- Frustrated by the ineffectiveness of diet and exercise to reduce your oversized breasts
- A person with good skin elasticity, which is crucial for reshaping your body after surgery
- Have realistic expectations about the outcome of gynecomastia surgery
While gynecomastia is not uncommon, it’s still a difficult subject for most men. That’s why it’s empowering to know that male breast reduction surgery is a safe and effective option for providing men with enlarged breasts a flatter, firmer chest and an overall more pleasing look.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in learning more about Male Breast Reduction surgery, contact Dr. Orna Fisher in our Palo Alto, CA office today at 650.321.7100. Our practice is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Posted in: Male Breast Reduction