Male Breast Reduction: Are You a Candidate?
- Posted on: May 15 2017
Are you a male with excessive breast tissue? If so, you’re likely embarrassed by your chest. This can make general activities like swimming and play sports unbearable. While enlarged male breasts aren’t life-threatening, the physical and psychological effects are very real. This condition is called gynecomastia. But take heart: there is an effective way to eliminate excess breast tissue for a firmer, more masculine-looking chest – male breast reduction surgery.
You may benefit from a male breast reduction procedure if you answer yes to any of the following statements:
- My chest bothers me enough that I think I could benefit from surgery
- I’m reluctant to show by chest in social situations like the pool or gym
- Others have made comments about my chest that makes me feel self-conscious
- My chest causes me to feel guilty or depressed
- I don’t feel confident in social setting because of my chest
- I take measures to hide by chest by wearing special undergarments or loose clothing
- I believe breast reduction surgery can improve my well-being psychologically, physically, and socially
To see if you qualify for gynecomastia surgery, talk to your doctor to determine that you are:
- Not on medications are known to cause enlarged breasts
- Out of puberty (some enlarged breasts reduce on their own after this time)
- At a healthy body weight
- In good physical and mental condition
- In physical discomfort because of your enlarged breasts
- Someone whose been living with this condition for at least a year
- Frustrated by the ineffectiveness of diet and exercise to reduce your oversized breasts
- A person with good skin elasticity, which is crucial for reshaping your body after surgery
- Have realistic expectations about the outcome of gynecomastia surgery
While gynecomastia is not uncommon, it’s still a difficult subject for most men. That’s why it’s empowering to know that male breast reduction surgery is a safe and effective option for providing men with enlarged breasts a flatter, firmer chest and an overall more pleasing look.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in learning more about Male Breast Reduction surgery, contact our office today. Our practice is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Posted in: Male Breast Reduction